Hello everyone, it’s still January, and not too late to write our hair goals for the year. To have a goal, we have to first determine what we are trying to achieve. It might be longer hair, healthier hair, to be more adventurous with styles, etc.
I believe my hair is quite healthy, so my goal for the year is to maintain the health and gain a little more length.
This year, I have decided to be intentional about personal hair care against hair styling. I started this in the second half of last year but couldn't see it through because of travels and my wedding at the end of the year.
- I will wash every 2 weeks
- Henna treatment once in a while
- Protein treatment once in a while
- Deep condition during every wash
- Hot oil treatment once in a while
- Tea rinse once a month
- Mostly twists and updos which I will do myself
- Cut out salon visits as much as I can
- Moisturise daily
- Scalp massage twice a week
- Focus on sealing ends
- Trim twice a year
- Continue sleeping in a satin scarf
What I won't be doing
- Too many experimental DIYs
- Engaging in long and tedious wash days
- Trying new things I'm not familiar with
- Using heat on my hair
The focus this year, is to focus on health of the hair, not length. When the health is there, the length will automatically be added.
Let's see how that turns out for me.
What's your goal for 2017, and how do you intend to achieve it