How are you all doing? Just want to share some tips on how I grew my edges back. I shared a similar post earlier this year.
Sometime in 2014, my hair was shedding a lot and my hairline was so bad. I actually made a post about it here. I searched online, watched various Youtube videos which made me experiment on different things and I learnt a lot as well. Along the line, I got to know about castor oil and the likes.
So I started massaging my hair with castor oil regularly. Then I got peppermint oil, amla oil and coconut oil afterwards and I saw tremendous changes. I also changed some habits and adopted new ones.
How did I do it?
2. I started massaging my front hairline with oils as stated earlier, did hot oil treatments and moisturized my scalp too.
3. I did not comb or brush my front hairline, instead I use my fingers and most times I apply little gel to make it slip.
4. I avoided packing my hair too tight. Whenever I want to get a pineapple fro look, I tend to drag my front hair too much with my headband to make it firm. So I stopped doing that. I now leave it loose instead or get a loose band.
Oils I used
1. African naturalistas Castor oil
2. Amla oil
3. Natural Nigerian Peppermint oil
4. African Naturalistas Coconut oil
You can also get:
- Rosemary oil and Jojoba oil
How I use my oils- I mix my oils together (coconut, castor, amla, peppermint) in a bottle and I apply regularly for at least 3-5 times weekly
- I add them to my deep conditioning mix sometimes
- I use them in my hot oil treatments
- I mix them with my leave-in conditioner and hair butter
I know there are some people with the issue of receding hairline. You can try using any of these oils especially castor oil (It is very effective in stimulating hair growth) and you would definitely see changes. I’m still using mine daily, well when I remember to do so..
For those who have experienced bald edges, how did you grow them back? Please share in the comment box to help someone.
Please note that I tried it and it worked for me that’s why I am sharing. So you could also give it a try and research more on it likewise. I hope this tips help.