- African Naturalistas Product Store
- Our Sales Outlets
- AN Team
- • AN Hair Clinic
- Become our Affiliate
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Hair Care Videos
- Diary of an Honest Naturalista
- Natural Hair FAQs
- • Mane Matters
- • Kids Hair Care
- DIY Lounge
- Natural Hair Salons in Africa
- Contact Us
- Advert Placement
- Feature on AN
Sunday, 27 November 2016
DIY LOUNGE - Basic Natural Hair Recipes
A lot of people claim or believe they do not have a DIY bone in them! So, they just scroll down all DIY posts and go "ooh", "haa", "wow" and then end their comments with "I wish I could do this but I am not a DIY person".
Well, I for one do not subscribe to that, I believe everybody is in fact a DIY expert if we could just bring out time and be patient with ourselves.
I am going to be sharing some basic and well known natural hair DIY recipes and I am very sure that after going through today's post, self doubters will have a rethink.
- 2 tbs water
-2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
-2 tbs olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and massage into scalp and damp hair.
- leave in for about 30 minutes, rinse and then shampoo.
*** This recipe does wonders for itchy and flaky scalps.
2. CUCUMBER AND LEMON SHAMPOO
- 1 lemon
- peel the cucumber and lemon
- put them in a blender and blend till smooth
- apply as you would a shampoo
- scrub and rinse out really well, making sure you get all the pulp from the lemon out.
*** cucumbers have nourishing properties and lemons are popular for their cleansing properties, combining these two can help combat dry scalps.
3. MAYONNAISE AND HONEY DEEP CONDITIONER
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
-21/2 tbs honey
Mix ingredients together
- apply to your hair evenly and make sure it coats it all
- cover with shower cap and let it sit for 45 mins.
- rinse out, shampoo , rinse thoroughly until there is no mayo left!
*** sun and heat leave our hair dry and shedding but mayonnaise nourishes and moisturises our hair.
I hope these recipes help you get through this recession (lol). Please try these recipes and tell me if you discovered the Diy bone in you!
HAVE A FAB WEEK!!