Last week we debunked some of the myths that surround dandruff. A lot of people learnt a great deal and some of us asked for a post on how to treat this "EP" (enemy of progress) called Dandruff.
Below is a list of self treatments you can try in the comfort of your homes.
1. Aloe Vera Gel : We all know that Aloe Vera serves as a relief balm for different ailments like rashes, sores and burns. What we do not know that it is also a relief for Dandruff and scalp issues.
A bottle of Aloe Vera gel.
Apply Aloe Vera gel to your scalp before shampooing,leave in for 20 minutes, shampoo and condition as usual.
2. Vinegar Rinse : Vinegar Rinse is an effective way to treat dandruff. Vinegar gets rid of dead cells that turns into dandruff.
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of warm water
Mix the ingredients together, pour all over your hair making sure it covers your entire hair, scrub gently and then Rinse out. Repeat this every other day.
3. Eat healthy: The importance of a good diet cannot be over emphasized. It is vital in every aspect of our well being. Fatty foods and junk food should be avoided. Eat more of protein ( fish, beans and eggs). They help grow the hair and keep the hair healthy.
-Vegetables : Eating green vegetables like lettuces and broccoli help encourage healthy hair.
- Fish oils : fish oil supplements help prevent and reduces the severity of it.
4. Lemon rinse : Fresh lemon juice contains acids that destroys the fungus that causes dandruff.
3 tbs of lemon juice
1 cup of water
Mix your ingredients and massage 3/4 into your hair and scalp. Let it sit for few minutes and rinse out with the remaining part of your mixture.
I have heard a lot of people say dandruff is not treatable and those that claim it's treatable say it keeps coming back. I don't know if that is true but I know there are lots of ways to manage and prevent it. I believe if you try one of these remedies you would definitely see a change.
Please let's know which remedy worked for you.
We love hearing from you
See you in the comment
- African Naturalistas Product Store
- Our Sales Outlets
- AN Team
- • AN Hair Clinic
- Become our Affiliate
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Hair Care Videos
- Diary of an Honest Naturalista
- Natural Hair FAQs
- • Mane Matters
- • Kids Hair Care
- DIY Lounge
- Natural Hair Salons in Africa
- Contact Us
- Advert Placement
- Feature on AN