There's no gainsaying that natural hair isn't for the faint-hearted.You need a substantial amount of motivation and determination to embark on this life-changing journey, trust me. As a fellow natural, I've complied five steps you need to take initially. These are some mental decisions you need to make which include:
1. Acknowledge the fact that it is a lifestyle and not a trend. Despite what you think or see, a natural hair journey is not something you dabble into half-heartedly. It requires commitments and investments so make up your mind.
2. Question your decision to go natural. Why do you want to go natural? What are your expectations? Are you in for the long or short haul? Do you have any hair issue - as a result of previous decisions - you would like to correct? These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself.
3.Research and read about the intricacies of growing natural hair. In this day and age, all the information you need is at your beck and call. Find out everything you need to know and bookmark them if necessary.
4.Decide on mini chopping, big chopping or transitioning. Do you want to gradually grow your hair out for various reasons or just chop it all off and start over? Decisions.
5.Be ready to make investments which might come in form of your time and money. You would need to make out time to tend to the needs of your hair consistently to get results. You'd also need to buy a number of products - according to your budget - that would make life easier.
Love, kinks and knots.
- African Naturalistas Product Store
- Our Sales Outlets
- AN Team
- • AN Hair Clinic
- Become our Affiliate
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Hair Care Videos
- Diary of an Honest Naturalista
- Natural Hair FAQs
- • Mane Matters
- • Kids Hair Care
- DIY Lounge
- Natural Hair Salons in Africa
- Contact Us
- Advert Placement
- Feature on AN
Thursday, 9 July 2015
5 Steps To Take Before Embarking On A Natural Hair Journey