I have been using this Deep Conditioning trick on my daughters' hair and mine for over a year now. It helps provide them with lasting moisture when done with a moisturizing deep conditioner. I found this Cool & Seal trick on Hairscapades blog. She found it on Ouidad's website:
1. Completely saturate clean, damp hair with 2 oz. of treatment on shoulder length hair ““ a bit more on longer hair.
2. Cover with a shower cap and heat with blow dryer. Allow warm product to remain for 12 minutes.
3. Before rinsing out, add a conditioner to hair. Then rinse both products; allow a little coating to remain.
Here is what we do:
- Leave deep conditioner on for about 30 minutes, covered with a shower cap. You can either sit under the dryer during this time.
- After DC time is over, remove shower cap from hair, and allow hair to cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Apply a rinse-out conditioner on top of the Deep conditioner
- Rinse out hair
Give it a try.