It's good to be back!
One of the pros of natural hair is definitely the fact that it's stress-free. Yes, once you get a hang of it, you can easily find your way around things with little or no hassle. Also, there are a number of things you don't need to worry about anymore that might have been an issue in the past especially during your relaxed days.
Here are 5 things that I don't miss about the creamy crack;
1. The type of relaxer to use. This was one of the problems I encountered during my relaxed days. I was totally clueless about the different types of relaxers and whatnot so I just used whatever I saw and boy, am I glad that phrase is over.
2. The period between relaxer-touch ups. I'm particularly happy that I do not have to calculate the intervals between touch-ups. I never got it right.
3. The pain of the scalp burns. I haven't been exactly lucky with relaxers. The worst experience I had was just after my high school graduation. I was in such a hurry to relax my hair that I ended up with severe burns both on my scalp that extended to my nape. It was so bad that I couldn't touch my hair for more than a month until it healed up completely thanks to shea butter. I think that was the point I had a paradigm shift about this relaxer business. It was horrible!
4. Split ends, damaged hair and stunted growth. Eventually, these things pushed me to make a decision that would have a major influence on my life.
5. The excruciating heat from the dryer during roller sets. I've been going under the dryer as early as the age of eight and overtime I gradually detested it and salons in general.
Aside from the smooth and sleek texture of relaxed hair, I don't miss it at all. Recently I had a conversation with my friend whom I also convinced to go natural and we both reached a conclusion that relaxers are tortuous. Yes it was that bad.
Over to you!
What are those things that you don't miss during your relaxed days?
Next time, I'll be sharing some of things I love about being natural.
Love, kinks and knots.