You know how natural hair can be a tad tasking and exhausting? Once in a while,there are some shortcuts we take in order to reduce wash day or just simply make life easier. It's not like there's some rulebook somewhere stating what we are allowed to do or not do. That being said, I'm not advocating cutting corners or anything of that sort. All i'm saying is whatever you decide to do, make sure it's of optimum benefits to your natural hair. If not, what's the point?
Here are five natural hair hacks you should know.
1. Trade your towel for an old t-shirt to avoid frizz and reduce breakage. I don't think I've used anything other than my tee for my hair.
2. Use a plastic bag to trap in heat for deep conditioning. Life's too short to be washing shower caps. Plus you can always throw it away when you're done.
3. Refrigerate your leave-in conditioner to seal your hair's cuticle after washing and also to add shine.
4. Another way you can use black tea is by spritzing your hair with it before applying your deep conditioner. That way, you can totally maximise its benefits as it stays longer in your hair. Black tea helps to reduce shedding, combat dandruff and also add shine.
5. Add oils -carrier or essential- to your (cheapie) conditioner to increase its potency. This is something I do regularly.
Which natural hack(s) have you heard about and tried?
Love, kinks and knots